Who Should Attend
This course is for technical professionals who need to quickly acquire hands-on experience with CUCM 6 features and an in-depth treatment of CUP and Microsoft LCS integration.
This course addresses advanced topics in depth and lab exercises are written at an expert level. Therefore, students must have taken one of the following classes, or have commensurate work experience:
- CallManager Bootcamp 4
- Communications Manager Bootcamp 5
- CIPT1 4.x
- CIPT1 5.0
To locate Cisco courses that cover the listed prerequisites, go to the Cisco Training & Events web page found at http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/index.html.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify new features, added capabilities and enhancements introduced with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6 and differences in the user interface.
- Accommodate adoption and integration of features, capabilities, and enhancements introduced with CUCM 6.x when migrating from CCM 4.
- Configure CUCM 6 to use LDAP for Windows AD integration.
- Demonstrate the use of selected troubleshooting tools provided by or used with CUCM 6.0.
- Configure SIP endpoints in the enterprise.
- Configure SIP trunks in the enterprise.
- Configure SIP endpoints in an SRST environment.
- Configure the CUP 6.0 component of a presence-enabled telephony solution with CUCM 6.0.
- Understand the features and integration requirements needed to implement a presence-enabled telephony solution with a CUCM 6.0 using CUP 6.0 and CUPC 1.2
- Migrate from locations-based CAC to network-based CAC using RSVP.
- Integrate a presence-enabled Cisco Unified Communications deployment with a Microsoft LCS and MOC deployment.
The course outline is as follows:
- What's New in Unified Communications Manager 6
- Migrating to Unified Communications Manager 6.0
- Configuring Unified Communications Manager 6 for Active Directory Integration
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Implementing SIP Endpoints
- Implementing SIP Trunks
- Configuring SIP Endpoints in an SRST Environment
- Implementing Call Admission Control Using RSVP
- Implementing Cisco Unified Presence Server
- Implementing Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
- Integrating LCS and MOC.