Who Should Attend
- Candidates who want to become CCIE Voice certified
- Existing CCIE's who need to re-certify their CCIE qualification
Cisco Career Certifications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) Voice
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification; other professional certifications or training courses are not required. But candidates should:
- have an in-depth understanding of the topics in the exam blueprints and
- have three to five years of job experience before attempting certification
- have a determined attitude, patience and strong will.
Cisco has responded to the challenge in the internetworking technology with the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Program. This is currently the most significant certification in the industry.
The coursefox.com CCIE Written Boot Camp does not include the actual exam, but provides delegates with the necessary theory to prepare for the two-hour, multiple choice test. It will include theory that will be covered on the exam, relating to those technologies and applications that comprise a Cisco Enterprise VoIP solution.
Delegates should be prepared to work beyond the usual classroom hours in order to prepare for the written exam.
After passing the written exam, delegates can then proceed to the CCIE Voice Lab Boot Camp which will prepare them for the practical lab exam.
Course Content The CCIE Voice certifies expert-level knowledge of voice-over-IP solutions in the enterprise. This 4 day course will prepare delegates for the two hour written CCIE exam.
The course outline is as follows:
- Redundancy (CM Groups/Device Pool)
- Dial Plan: Gatekeeper, SIP Proxy, Route Patterns, Route Groups, Route Lists, Digit Manipulation and Digit Analysis
- Music On Hold
- Conferencing (Audio and Video)
- Media Termination Points
- CM Features: Extension Mobility, IPMA, Attendant Console, Call Park, Pickup
- Phone Settings
- CTI, TAPI and JTAPI Interface
- Link Efficiency: LFI, MLPPP, FRF.12, cRTP, VAD
- Classification and Marking
- Congestion Management: Queuing
- CAC: RSVP, GK
- Traffic Policing and Shaping
- LAN QoS
- CM CAC and GK. Hub and Spoke/Fully Meshed MPLS
- RTP & cRTP
- Analog and TDM Signaling
- MWI, SMDI
- Call Handlers
- Unified Messaging
IOS IP Telephony Skills
IP IVR/IPCC Express
- Speech Recognition
- ICD Functions
- Database Lookups
- DHCP Snooping
- MCS OS Hardening
- Phone Authentication and Encryption
- TCP/UDP Port List
- Firewalls and Application Layer Gateways (ALG)
- Inline Power: Cisco and 802.3af
- IP Multicast
- Fax and Modem