Who Should Attend
- Channel Partners
Design Career Certifications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
CCVP (Cisco Certified Voice Professional)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) or equivalent knowledge
- Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE) or equivalent knowledge
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Deploy a Cisco CallManager server in a cluster by using a supported IP telephony deployment model.
- Configure Cisco CallManager and the Catalyst switch to enable on-cluster calls and add users and phones to the Cisco CallManager database using manual configuration and the Bulk Administration Tool.
- Configure Cisco gateways and intercluster trunks and create a route plan in Cisco CallManager to enable calling to remote clusters so that the WAN is not oversubscribed, calls are preserved if the WAN fails, and user calling restrictions are in place.
- Configure Cisco CallManager to enable features and services to include conferencing, music on hold, speed dials, Call Park, Call Pickup, Cisco Call Back, Barge, Privacy, Cisco IP Phone Services, voice mail, Cisco Extension Mobility and Cisco Attendant Console, you will also be able to use these features on Cisco IP Phones.
- Configure Cisco CallManager and the client PC to enable the Cisco Attendant Console and Cisco IP Manager Assistant application.
- Cisco IP Telephony Part 1 (CIPT1) v4.1 prepares you for installing, configuring, and maintaining a Cisco IP telephony solution. This course focuses primarily on Cisco CallManager, the call routing and signaling component for the Cisco IP telephony solution. This course includes lab practice where you will install and configure Cisco CallManager; configure gateways, gatekeepers, and switches; and build route plans to place intra- and intercluster Cisco IP phone calls
- Getting Started with Cisco CallManager
- Establishing an On-Cluster Call
- Establishing an Off-Cluster Call
- Enabling Features and Services
- Configuring Applications