UCAD_10 Course Description
The Cisco Unified Communications Architecture and Design course addresses the breadth of technical issues surrounding the design of Voice over Data networks and explains a methodology that brings order to approaching the problems faced by planners and designers. It teaches the assessment of the current network, Cisco methodology for implementing Voice over Data networks, and how to design sustainable and appropriate implementations. The 5-day course culminates in an intensive lab exercise to apply the concepts, recommendations and calculations to design an Enterprise Unified Communications solution with emphasis on LAN and WAN based call control systems that can be implemented and maintained cost-effectively. Given an existing data network, design a voice network solution overlay based on the use of Cisco¿s Unified Communications products according to the SRND and Cisco best practices.
To fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that you have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for the following audience:
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Number of Days
5 Days instructor-led classroom training. (Approx. 7 hours each day.)
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Module 1: Unified Communications Architecture Overview Given an example Unified Communications Manager solution, identify the features of Cisco Unified Communications Release 6.0.
- Module 2: Designing the LAN for Unified Communication Call Control.
- Module 3: Designing the WAN for Unified Communication Call Control.
- Module 4: Designing Unified Communication Call Control Select IP telephony gateways that are appropriately sized for customer load conditions and appropriately scalable for their growth projections.
- Course Introduction
- Overview of Cisco Unified Communications solution components
- Designing the LAN for a Cisco Unified Communications solution
- Designing the WAN for a Cisco Unified Communications solution
- Designing the Call Control component of a Cisco Unified Communications solution