Who Should Attend
- Channel Partners/Resellers
Cisco Career Certifications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Cisco Unity Design Specialist
Delegates should have completed the Cisco Unity System Engineer (UCSE) and Cisco IP Telephony (CallManager) courses and understand the product installation and configuration procedures for deploying those solutions. Microsoft skills in Active Directory, SQL, Exchange and Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 are also recommended.
Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging (IUM)
Cisco ICM Product Training Part 1
Cisco ICM Product Training Part 2
After completing this course the delegate will be able to:
- Explain the impact of different messaging environments (Domino/MS) upon a Unity design.
- Design a large voicemail solution.
- Describe IPCC deployment models and their issues
- Explain approved Cisco Unity deployment models.
- Apply a repeatable design methodology.
- Design solutions that meet specific customer needs.
- Design solutions that interoperate with legacy voicemail systems
This course is intended for personnel who will implement, configure and support the Cisco IPCC Product but have already attended training on the ICM Product. This course is based on ICM 7.0, CallManager 4.1 and CRS 4.0.
Design a Unity Solution
- Determine Presales Requirements
- Preliminary Design and Budget
- Final Design Phase
Infrastructure Components Affecting Unity Design
- Database and Directory Components
- Directory with Exchange 5.5
- Directory with Windows 2000
- Directory with Lotus Domino
- How Unity Interacts With Directories
- The Mailstore with Exchange 5.5
- The Mailstore with Exchange 2000
- Coexistence of Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
- The Mailstore with Domino
- Auxiliary Components
Large-Scale, Voicemail-Only Systems
- Infrastructure Considerations
- Capacity Planning Considerations
- Deployment Considerations
Cisco Unity Deployment Models
- Deployment Models
- Common Dial Plan Issues
- Common Bandwidth Provisioning Issues
- Common Branch Offices Voice Mail Issues
- Centralised Messaging Design Rules
- Distributed Messaging Design Rules
- Unity Bridge and Avaya Interoperability
- Unity Bridge and Avaya Design Guidelines
- Implementing Unity Bridge
- Nortel Products and VPIM v2
- Designing VPIM Solutions
- Implementing VPIM
Cisco Unity Design and Networking, Cisco Unity Training Courses