Who Should Attend
- Channel Partners/Resellers
Students entering this course should have the following qualification:
Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Exchange, or IBM Lotus Domino. Ability to competently program at least one telephone switching equipment (i.e., Cisco CallManager, NEC NEAX 2000 or 2400, Avaya Definity series, etc.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe Cisco Unified Communications Manager including its functions, architecture, deployment and redundancy options, and how to install or upgrade.
- Perform Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform and general administration, initial configuration, and user management.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to support on-cluster calling in a singe site deployment.
- Implement a dial plan in Cisco Unified Communications Manager to make internal calls and place calls the PSTN.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager media resources, features and voice mail integration.
Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging (IUM) v5.0, formerly Cisco Unified Communications System Engineer (UCSE) provides students with best practice information on how to administer, install, configure, operate, and maintain a Cisco Unity system in either a stand-alone voice mail or unified messaging environment, as well lessons on Cisco Unity Connection. IUM is a 5-day instructor-led (ILT) course with hands-on lab activities, which also includes the AUM course with in the duration. Both of these are courses recommended for individuals seeking qualification for the Cisco Unity Support Specialization.
Module 1:An Overview of a Cisco Unified Communications System
Module 2: Unity Connection
Module 3:Cisco Unified Communications General Setup
Module 4:Unified Communications Subscribers: A Complete Reference
Module 5:Unified Communications System Monitoring and Maintenance