Who Should Attend
- Candidates preparing for the CCIE Voice Lab exam who already possess most of the theoretical knowledge required for the exam.
- Candidates who have been preparing for the CCIE Voice Lab exam who wish to assess their level of preparedness and who require additional practice.
Cisco Career Certifications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) Voice
- Candidates must have passed the CCIE written exam before attempting the lab boot camp
- CCIE Voice Written Exam Boot Camp
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience in respective field
- Ideally CCVP
- Determined attitude
- Strong will
Cisco has responded to the challenge in the internetworking technology with the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Program.
TThis is a high-level certification program designed to identify and serve the best of the internetworking experts and to improve your hands-on skills. The CCIE certification is currently the most significant certification in the industry.
The coursefox.com CCIE Voice Lab Boot Camp consists of a set of practice exercises covering all protocols tested in the CCIE lab exam. They are aimed at engineers preparing for the CCIE lab exam who already understand the theory of the protocols being tested and wish to practice implementing them in CCIE Lab style scenarios.
After completing this boot camp, delegates will be in a position to identify whether they are ready to sit the eight-hour lab exam which will test your ability to get the VoIP solution operating in a timed test situation.You must pass the lab within three years of passing the written to achieve certification. Your first lab attempt must be made within 18 months
A first class Cisco instructor will conduct the lab, which is equipped with Cisco routers, switches and miscellaneous networking equipment.
The CCIE Voice Lab Boot Camp is not a training session, but is designed for the purpose of practicing for the lab portion of the CCIE exam. Delegates should be prepared to work beyond the usual classroom hours.
Candidates will be expected to work at their own pace on the topics they feel they need the most practice on. It is not anticipated that all labs can be completed in the time provided; however complete solutions and associated comments will be provided for all exercises!
This 10 day boot camp contains extensive labs which will cover all technology areas in order to prepare delegates for the practical lab exam. As outlined by Cisco, this will be an eight-hour, hands-on exam which requires you to configure a Cisco enterprise voice solution over an IP network. Although basic network connectivity is provided, you will be responsible for configuring the pre-installed applications to satisfy the requirements of the lab, and to troubleshoot important parameters of a voice network, such as quality of service, VLANs, gateways and gatekeepers.
The course outline is as follows:
Basic Campus Design
- DHCP, TFTP
- Catalyst voice and data VLAN configuration
- Catalyst VTP configuration
Call Manager and Call Manager Express Configuration
- Phone registration
- Phone configuration
Voice Gateway and Signaling
- Analog and digital voice protocols: analog FXS, FXO-M1, T1, E1, PRI, CAS, R2
- VoIP protocols: H323, MGCP, SCCP, SIP, RAS
- CCM route patterns (@ wildcard not tested)
- CCM route preference and redundancy
- IOS dial peers
- Digit manipulation and translation
- G711ulaw, G711alaw, G729, G723
Call Admission Control
High Availability Features
Media Resource Management
- Conference bridge software and hardware
- QoS Considerations
- L2/L3 classifications and policing
- Queuing mechanisms
- Catalyst switch QoS
- Unity voicemail integration
- Unity administration
CRS/IPCC Express Application
- Default script configuration and integration
- Custom script configuration and integration
Call Manager Voice Applications
- Any native applications to Call Manager, examples are extension mobility, attendant console, IPMA
- Directory Services and Integration
- Fax pass-through
- Fax relay